Tuesday 17 May 2016

THE OLD WOOD & GOLDCREST WALK

I went out and did some filiming of British Wildlife but not as far as I wanted to and ended up very local at an old wood I like to walk.

Not many people about. Just how I like it!

Except for one person I kind of liked and chatted to for an hour. I ended up explaining about all my blogs and what I do ... to some looks of surprise, shock and horror. Lol.

She punched the air and said she was rooting for me.

Anyhoo I did some testing of a Koolertron Camera Shoulder Mount Stabilizer type ... contraption.

I also tested a replica Nikon remote while out to some mixed results, one time I depressed the buttong in front of the camera, to the right, to the left, below, behind and above and it worked on every press.

But other times it took a couple of presses. I will alter the contacts for the battery and see if that improves things next time?

Anyhoo I filmed me walking a section where I sometimes catch glimpses of Goldcrests, though up very high in the trees swooping out and in again.

I also see what I believe to be a Song Thrush, which is kind of a rare event these days. I believe I have seen one here before and several years prior to this one in 2016.

I have also seen one several miles north of here in the Fishers Green vicinity.

I also see a few Orange Tip Butterflies which is always nice to see.

Here are the testing videos ...




















In this last one I end up doing a monologue on another blog subject unexpectedly. Due to an hor long conversation I had with a nice lady called Wyn...


No comments:

Post a Comment