Sunday 8 May 2016

WHITETHROAT WARBLER - SYLVIA COMMUNIS

I had a hard slog today. It hurt.

It was also damned hot, which made it harder.

But I persevered up in incline that goes on for roughly 1.5 miles and to a spot that was actually around 4.1 miles away from home.

That incline is not the only one I have to climb to get there either!

But for the first time this year, of 2016, I managed to get to one of my favourite spots I affectionately call the 'Crop Crossing'. Though it is technically not a crossing. Unless your in a tractor in which case it is a crossing.

It was flooded with yellow from the Rapeseed being grown in the fields there and the sky was brilliant blue with some nice clouds in one direction.




While I was there I saw a bird singing while flying high but then landed on some telegraph cables and looked look a Whitethroat Warbler after initially thinking they were Skylarks.

The singing from the cable should have been a signal that they were not Skylarks!

I realised they were indeed Whitethroats when I saw the videos and pictures on my PC when I got home!

Oh and there was a Buzzard out hunting. There are normally a pair of buzzards that are either in this vicinity or some woods about a mile or two south of this location.


















No comments:

Post a Comment