Friday 5 August 2016

JERSEY TIGER MOTH in ENFIELD (AGAIN) - EUPALGIA QUADRIPUNCTARIA

Well the weather has been crap and currently I am fighting off an attempt to make me homeless, despite the fact I have four things that make me homeless. Fibromyalgia (memory, feet pain and many others), damaged right knee and collapsed discs in y back are just a few of the long list I have. In fact around 5% of what I have, if that.

Trust me it is a drag like you would not believe.

So what with that, the housing situation and the dreadful weather we have been having I ave been somewhat ... preoccupied. Also my legs kind of ... just sort of switched off three times. This was due to the attack on me causing anxiety attacks so bad that they switch off your legs, which can even become permanent. Something else to worry about, ,great.

But I have seen and got something that is kind of interesting as it has occurred both in my garden and 100 yards from my house, more sightings of Jersey Tiger Moths.

I find it amusing that I have never seen the more common Garden Tiger Moths but have now seen several Jersey Tiger Moths over two or three consecutive years. Cannot quite recall if it was last year I first saw them or the year before?

I have now seen three of these over the course of just a couple of days. First one in my garden that look a little tatty and then one about 100 yards away I filmed and then as I walked away another one flew past me.

I have also had a local friend about 2 miles south of me and who knows his animals, comment on one of these posts in Facebook and tell me that he has seen them in Bush Hill Park. So unusually they seem to be fairly abundant in Enfield.

I apologise for the quality of some of the pictures and a video but then they was done on a phone,, a Moto X Style. So ... kind of not bad. Lol.













No comments:

Post a Comment