Saturday 17 March 2018

THE RED CRESTED SOLDIERS

I title it that because watching the Red Crested Pochards put me in mind of a load of soldiers on parade. In one video below the males are all bobbing their beaks in what must be some kind of mating courtship .. thing?

I was not expecting to see these and annoyingly and due to the pain and my health condition I went out without my very best lens.

I had gone out because it was supposed to be sunny all afternoon. It was sunny for about three minutes in total .. thank you yet again, weather people! I had intended to got artistic and bokeh shots of flowers for my other digital photography blog, as I had the day before. Though admittedly it is somewhat early in the year and there is not a lot about. Some wild violets were seen but not very good condition and there were some Daffodils, Hyacinths and some trees with white blossom. But the weather was shit and dull and I stumbled across these Red Crested Pochards.

I need to open up the aperture a little with this lens in future for birds.. an f1.4. This was also at Finsbury Park in London.

Here are some photos and videos ..




Got some close ups of Common Pochards too ..



Videos ..















No comments:

Post a Comment