Tuesday 6 March 2018

THE SCAUP & THE GOLDENEYE

I visited a new site while I was down here.

We had many days of snowing and freezing temperatures which was days on end of misery which ended up a day of getting some very sad and distressing news. It was pretty bad and still is .. something else for my corruption blog in time I guess?

I was about fit to burst .. or throw myself under a bus and had to get out. My brother said he wanted to go to a place where a Little Bunting had been spotted. He had also said there were reports of Scaup and Goldeneye ducks and at first I decided I was not going. But then I changed my mind ..

I did decide to only take my Nikon P900 .. but I am going back today with the Sony A99 II and a couple lenses and a monopod!

This is why ..

There was indeed a Scaup ..


You can see a higher resolution picture and others on my Flickr account..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89426160@N05/40598581772/in/dateposted-public/

Oh and there was a Goldeneye .. or two ..


See Higher res pictures and leave a like at ..


There were also Linnets .. though when they flew away we could have sworn we see a greenish yellow colour and thought they were Siskins .. until we got back and took one look at the pictures ..



I thought the day was already a result when the first things I saw and filmed, ooh fils to all the above .. below, a Goldcrest ..





Here are a few videos ..

SCAUP










GOLDENEYE





LINNETS







Goldcrest ..



Goldfinch feeding on floor ..

Chaffinch .. maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment